Thursday 15 April 2010

Chapel Lake,France (part two)

I set my swim in sight of "The Chateau", apparently the residence of one lone,elderly lady who owns most of the valley.OK, lone isn't 100% true,she has a few Donkeys,Shetland Ponies and Chickens for company.

Beneath this spectacular building lies a cave, seemingly natural, we were told it was once used as a dungeon (possibly for the benefit of the kids) although I suspect it has seen more action as a wine cellar.

On the fishing front,a minor disaster occured as one of my bite alarms gave up the ghost, despite major on-bank surgery we failed to revive it and I was down to two rods on the first day.
The remaining two rods incorporating a snowman/blowback rig set-up were placed over on the far margin and very soon a fine looking Common Carp graced the net.I was off the mark but that North Easterly wind blew hard.

For a few days it blew and the other lads had other fish of the same calibre as mine.

As the wind subsided on the third night I pondered the large beasts that swam in the depths outside my bivvy.I slept,cold, interrupted sleep,an Owl called out,his mate answered, a Fox sent out a blood curdling screech.the stars shone bright in the unpolluted sky...time rolled on in semi dream.An eternity later the sun rose over the trees,I wondered what the day would bring....

No comments:

Post a Comment