Wednesday 26 May 2010

Spawning Glory

The Intrepid Piscator With nearly every Cyprinid in the lake well into their yearly courtship I decided to take Dan in search of Catfish. It always gives me a moral dilemma with regards to bait. I knew our best chance would be a livebait fished in the upper layers but instead opted for bottom baits this time. We arrived to find the lake quite busy with anglers, and the only "double swim" available was at the other end of the pit to where I really wanted to be.


Needless to say, we had no runs and the night was wholly uneventful, except for a rather angry Pike that somehow became attached to my line near the rod end as it cruised through the margins.


The bay in the pictures below was full of spawning Carp and we just spent the next morning watching the show.


I even managed to capture a passing Dragonfly in this photo...

No comments:

Post a Comment